Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Weight of Existence

Lonely as a cloud
Floating on by
Only to evaporate
Into the vast blue sky

What on earth shall I do
How can I try
What does it take
To make you recognize

Me that I'm fine
Me that I'm nice
Me that I'm fun
Sugar and spice

Do I have to phone?
Do I need to assert?
How can I get
The attention I deserve?

God, do I exist
Am I a person at all
Dressed up with nowhere to go
Try the phone

But just get ignored
I'd like one too
Am I in the room?
Is it me, or are you just being rude?

Someone wondered and pondered
You should get a cat or dog
But there's enough on my plate
Just watering the plants

And yet, there must be a way
It's on the tip of my tongue
Just to act
To feel vital

To exist
To exist
To exist
Someone remind me.

Love me
Care
Be a friend
Please

My Mummy died
My Daddy died too
My love left
And I don't know what to do

I've got so many problems
And you just think I'm hung up
But there's got to be more to life
Than dancing in a nightclub

There has got to be a way
To exist
exist
exist

Just to feel the weight
That one cannot resist
The motive that cannot be ignored
The action

That speaks louder
Than words
The field of being at one
And of living in bliss

Solitude is different
That I don't mind so much
But the lack of existence
God what the toffee is it?

Why are there no words
Words, words, words
For the weight of existence
Philosophy at its best

Soul, stuff, unconscious,
Self, Dreams, God
Colours: Red, Orange and Gold
God, dusty old house

Heavy, ball in my abdomen
Emotion
Life
Life itself

Contented
Without destroying itself
Friends and lovers
Heroes

Ah the guilt
The shame
Am I really to blame
For being lonely as a cloud

Floating on by
Disappearing
Into the vast blue sky
Mummy, Daddy, why do we die?

Pinch me
Am I alive
Can I do more
Than barely survive?

I've been hospitable
I've really tried my best
Still I feel you are as see through
As the Queen in a beauty contest

What the Toffee
I'll smoke a cigarette
And blow the smoke
Out into the air

I know what you mean he said
How it's not always there
How you need it
And plead with it

The intensity
The responsibility
Testing me
Caressing me

Teasing me
With that which I want
It's lost in the dark
A forgotten dream of hope

A love knot
That cannot be undone
A myth lost in time
The Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment