Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Angel

Cruel cruel world
Why are you here
Trying to fill me up with fear
What on earth could I have done
That my mind has come undone
What in the world is this all for
And can my God show me the door
Oh why am I not  feeling lucid
And all my things have gone not spruced
Where is my bowl
Where is my food
Why must I live
With complete fools
From whence the dream the mare
it came
Ruining my one and only name
Which is mine after all
Not yours
That you trial with your stupid words
Why didst thou take me down from lofts
And make me feel so very lost
Why can't they help
Why can't they see
Why are they blind to the good in me
Free me from my enemies
So that I can live in peace
I've tried to be high
I've tried to be low
I've searched above and below
What in Gods name have they done to me
These people with some cruel idea
Why dost thou hide the truth from me
That torture my soul constantly
Why cannot I march forward
Brandishing my magical sword
Why must I sit here in distaste
With all my life gone to waste
What have I done
What wouldst I care
To take you up on some stupid dare
It seems you hurt my every hair
And caught me up in your evil snare
They took my blood they took my dreams
And I just came apart at the seams
Why does it seem so extremely hard
Such as stale bread without any lard
Why am I pulled this way and that
Such as a lady who's misplaced her hat
They broke my heart
And stole my worth
I ended up kissing the dirt
Instead of love
I got offense
and then they took away my defense
And now in the end I can not love at all
For they have killed my loving dove
I am too busy for such nonsense
Trying to raise my good conscience
From the ashes of this waste
I did not ask for this bitter taste
I felt fine in the first place
But disallowed to slowly make my haste
What precisely can I do
All by myself when you're not true
Surely there's nothing wrong with being a woman
And having enough to live on
Many people seem so lucky
But they play with me like a puppet
How dare they be so ungrateful
Whilst I'm fighting just to sit at the table
Why does there not appear a way
Just for me to feel Okay?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment